Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Steel frame and fork for Seattle with an interesting mix of features.

Take a good look at this one- yes, those are shifter bosses. Yes, those are flat-mount disc brake bosses. Yes, those are 12 mm thru-axles. This one will sport 26" wheels but it could just as easily fit 650.
This might be a commuter, could be for touring, could be for just exploring the forest. The idea is to have few limits to the purpose of this frame and fork. Oddly enough, it is a bit of a nod to the mid-90's style of frame that I built back in the Gross rd. shop- my first actual commercial location, although the word 'commercial' is a bit of a stretch- it was a tin hut in back of someone's house. It did have 220 volt power and about 440 square feet but it was a shack. I did wind up building about 300-odd frames before I moved to the west side. This is the shop where I really became a full time business. This frame echos those days a quarter century ago......

 

No comments: