Saturday, March 6, 2021

29er Boost single speed/geared for Idaho

I think if I were to build myself another MTB frame it would be a SS 29er. Everyone who has one is telling me that the wheel size really lends itself well to the single speed ride. This one has Paragon Machine works Rocker dropouts to get the chain tension dealt with. 
The frame maxes out at a 2.5 rear tire but mostly this rider will opt for narrower cross-country tires.
Most of the tubing on this frame is USA made-from the Vari-Wall down tube to the NOS True Temper bi-oval OX top tube , a relic from the days when True Temper was making steel for the Trek company. The frame also has dropper post routing and will take a 31.6 seat post. This is very much the formula for MTB frames that I have been building for the last few years. This one is made for a 120 mm fork and has a head angle of 68 1/2 degrees- pretty much the magic cross-country head angle for 29 and 27.5, at least in my experience. The front end has the ability to maneuver quickly but is still rock solid at high speed. 
 

No comments: