Friday, September 1, 2023

Hooray- I built something !


 Since July 5th I have been recovering from a broken femur and have only recently been coming to the shop. My duties of late have been limited to decaling, prepping , boxing and shipping of completed work. Until yesterday I had not actually done any building. This changed in the afternoon when I realized that I was probably healed up enough to try something small and simple so I remembered that i had a stem to build that went with a completed road frame bound for the east coast. I really could not ship the frame and fork without the stem so I cut the tube, got out the stem jig and not much later built what you see here- a 110x6 degree steel stem.......victory !  

Next project will be finishing the steel gravel frame still in the jig after languishing unfinished for nearly two months. After that I will tackle the last remaining 7005 CX frames- I'll barely have enough time to finish them before the first races but I am determined to try. 

No comments: