Sunday, September 10, 2023

Back at it

After nearly two months of being disabled I am back in the shop and have built two frames this week- this one being the second. Both of the frames are WCCX 7005 models destined for the CX courses. 
While I may be back in the shop I am not 100% up to speed and have to use a walker to get around. Maybe some of you might think that it is a difficult way to build frames but when I get in  the shop I just think of my friend Steve Garro in Flagstaff , Az.  Steve was hit by a car years ago and is in a wheelchair - he can no longer pedal a bike but the disability has not stopped him from building great bicycle frames. Steve does ride a custom hand-cycle on many of the trails he rode before his accident....at least when his body will let him. So what I am saying is - my injury was nothing compared to Steve's so if he can build frames in a wheelchair, for me to build them while using a walker is nothing to complain about. 
Frames from this period of my life will be built a little slower, but they will be built and they will be built as good as I can build them on any given day. Maybe with going a little slower these frames will be even better than what I built before my crash.........
 

No comments: