Sunday, September 10, 2023

One of the early ones back for a repaint

Pretty sure I built this one in 1989- that would make it about 33 years old. I was only a year into being a full time frame builder and most of my frames went to people I knew. This frame was built for a friend who I worked with in a bike shop around 1982. Not long after that he got a chance to ride a bike I have built for myself. After riding it he asked me to make one just like it with a few detail changes such as a cutout on the down tube lug and a different fork crown. The geometry of the two bikes being the same but the outward look a bit different.
Now this person has handed the frame and fork down to his son so a repaint and all new parts are in the plans. The frame was originally red with yellow decals - the son opted to reverse the color scheme and I think that it works well. Now my task is to find cable shifters and caliper brakes......not easily done in 2023 !

 

No comments: