Tuesday, April 12, 2022

MTB frame going to Woodacre, Calif.

Pretty sure this is a 29er in steel but with the amount of stuff I have been building and the backlog at the painters a whole batch can come back and I don't remember every detail, even some of the big ones. Fortunately every frame is numbered so they wind up going to whom they are supposed to.........99% of the time. It's that 1% that bugs me. 
This one is festooned with all the Paragon bits - dropouts, BB, head tube, seat tube collar and brake mount. The top tube is a NOS True Temper bi-oval 35 mm 8-5-8 , now my go-to top tube for bikes like this . It just makes sense- have the horizontal oval at the head tube , the vertical oval at the seat tube- this really matches up with the tube diameters and also at the head tube reduces the overlap with the down tube on a smaller frame like this one . I may be old but I still think about things...

 

No comments: