Thursday, April 7, 2022

Chris King guest house Show bike for sale

Well, the show is over and it was well attended. This is the bike I built for the show- a single speed 29er that can also be set up 1x12 as the King hub has a microspline 12 speed body and there's guides for a rear der. cable you can see if you look closely. The components are really good- the brand new King wheels with proprietary King rims made in Utah. The Fox fork is a 34 with 120 mm of travel . The stem is one that I built of steel. The post is a Fox Transfer SL internally routed. The cranks and BB are Shimano XT.
The brakeset is a custom ordered Paul Klamper caliper set mated to the Paul's levers- they are positively the best mechanical disc brake on the planet. The bar and grips are Race face- a no-rise bar for the retro feel. The frame has a King 'Dropset-3' integrated headset and the frame is fitted with Paragon 'rocker' dropouts for single speed or internal geared hub use. There's even a Jen Green badge. 
I thought that I was going to keep this bike but the heat at our house went down and I have to buy a new fireplace insert. I would not give up a choice bike unless there was a good reason, and reasons happen for a reason. I'm asking $ 5,000- the bike has been ridden once by me at Wilder Ranch before the show. It is made for a 5'9" rider ideally. get in touch at paul@rocklobstercycles.com if you are interested. Pedals are not included.....they are old and beat up- you don't want them.


 

No comments: