Monday, February 21, 2022

Steel 29er Boost complete bike going to Paradise, Calif.

Some of you might remember a big fire that wiped out this town not long ago. This customer lost his house and with it the bike I had built for him. Fortunately , insurance has set him up with a new house and now with a new bike.
The bike I built for him some years ago was similar but this one is a bit updated. It has boost spacing front and rear, more travel on the fork and room for 2.3" tires . It also has a dropper post which the previous bike did not have. This also has carbon rims so it should move along nicely but also be able to take some abuse.
The owner specified flat pedals and I was able to find some Race Face pedals in a pretty close color to the frame. 
The frame was originally going to have a head badge made of silver salvaged from the burnt down house but we wound up going for my standard Jen Green sterling badge. I was really lucky to find the King Inset-7 headset. I waited many months to get this whole build together and I feel fortunate that I was able to finally make it happen. I hope the customer likes this one as much or more than the first one.
 

No comments: