Friday, February 4, 2022

7005 WCCX frame for a junior team member

The big Feb. aluminum batch continues. This is the third frame in the batch that might number about a dozen by the end of the month. I'm trying to play catch up while things are a little slow. I still have about 70 frames on order and about 1/4 of them are just like this- CX race frames. Back a few months ago I thought that maybe I would be building more gravel stuff this winter, particularly steel. After a good long look at the list I was surprised to see that nearly 20 of these WCCX frames were on order. 
After launching this model about 2 years ago I was not sure how many people would want it but it looks to be the most popular frame of 2022 for me. At 3 lb. 6 oz, this one is light but still solid enough for the rigors of CX racing at the national level. One just like this was ridden to 17th place in the worlds in the junior 17-18 category in Fayetteville, Ar. by team member Dan English. 
If you want to ride on a frame just like what I build for racing at the top of the sport, this is the one. The top tube is flattened to make it a little easier on the shoulder when running and the rear tire room will accept up to a 700x40 tire for gravel racing. No fender or rack mounts- this is a frame for speed. 
 

No comments: