Saturday, February 26, 2022

7005 29er boost for a tall rider

This frame has no hear cable guides as it will have wireless shifting. The brake and dropper post routing are mostly internal so this will be a frame with a very clean look. The rider is nearly 6'5" so getting tubes long enough to build it was an adventure. 
The tubing is a mix of stuff from three continents - There's even some NOS US made Easton tubes in the rear triangle. I'll probably run out of the square seat stays some time next year , ending a two-decade run of making frames out of the stash I got so many years ago. I hope that if I need some made I still have sources who can do that. Small runs of custom tubes do happen but in a few years maybe not.....
I feel lucky that the bulk of my career was spent when there was a good supply of materials to build frames like this. In the coming decades I wonder what will happen with frame building and the supply chain. It really does not seem to be thriving like it did maybe 15 years ago . Some builders are very busy but the tubing supply chain is not keeping up with the demand right now. 
 

No comments: