Thursday, May 6, 2021

7000/7005 track frame for San Diego

There's some rare tubes in this frame- the top and down tube are NOS Easton 7000 diamond-to-oval US made tubes. My guess is that they were made in the late '90's . The tubes have been in storage ever since. Now, more than 20 years later they are part of a mass-start track frame for one of out team riders.
I'll be doing the full build on this frame. I have a bunch of parts that have been on my shelves for a few years that would be perfect for this bike. The rider is someone who I have always thought would be well suited to riding on the velodrome so I do have a bit of a vested interest in this project.
I only had two sets of these rare tubes and I used the first set about 4-5 years ago. This is my last set and I doubt I'll ever see another set of these special tubes. I'm glad that they are going to a deserving rider.
 

No comments: