Saturday, December 12, 2020

Steel single speed 29er MTB frame for N.C.

I had to put up a couple extra photos of this one. I have been building MTB frames for 36 years now and something like this is a distillation of all that experience. The tubing is a mix of Vari Wall US made steel with some Dedacciai chain stays and Nova cycles wishbone seat stays.
The customer designed and ordered this custom headbadge from Jen Green and I think that it is one of the best all time headbadges I have installed on one of my bikes. The frame has been fitted with a carbon Enve MTB fork that has an A/C similar to a 100 MM shock fork.
The frame has internal dropper post routing and Paragon Rocker dropouts to tension the chain.The single speed format of this frame is really simple and clean-the customer asked for all the right stuff and I really like the color combination he picked out.
Here's a close up of the dropouts. The frame could easily be converted to gears with the addition of an insert on the drive side for a der. If the components were the Sram wireless there would be no other modifications needed. My guess is that this will stay single speed for a long time.

 

No comments: