Thursday, August 24, 2023

7005 SL road frame with carbon fork for Canada

This frame and fork sat in my shop while I was in the hospital and recovering from home with a broken femur. With my wife helping me as I was barely able to get around the shop with a walker we got this one prepped, boxed and to the post office. This frame was the first one to be shipped out after my accident.
The tubing is very light Dedacciai with some interesting shapes. Most of it is 7000 , the Italian version of Scandium and had to be welded with some special rod that is provided with the tubing.The result is a frame that is usually three lbs. or less but still a stiff feeling go-fast road bike. I hope that the owner really enjoys tearing around on it. I have one very similar that I mostly use for the fast Tuesday group ride that I have been doing since 2004. Now that I have had this injury it is \not likely at age 68 that I will  be returning to the Tuesday ride but if I do, I'll be riding one of these. Its the right tool for the job. Notice that this one is for mechanical shifting and rim brakes.......just like mine.

 

1 comment:

BdaGhisallo said...

Paul,

What kind of fork is that?

Geoff