Thursday, August 17, 2023

Chock full o' nuts and bolts

Here's the result of my July 14th surgery- a rod and a few screws to bolt my broken femur back together . I had a meeting with the surgeon yesterday and it is looking like as much as two months before I can walk without crutches or a cane- this I was told was the goal but theres a good chance that I will be able to get walking in less time. I asked if the lengthy recovery was a factor of my age- the surgeon said no, it just takes time for a break like this to heal but that my pain level can be my guide. 
Good news was the doctors said that it was fine for me to try riding on a trainer. This is a big step in my recovery and I will set up my bike in the back yard with flat pedals on te trainer so that I can use it with street shoes. Hopefully this weekend I'll be pedaling again for the first time since July 5th. Wish me luck . If it does not hurt I'll be doing it daily as the leg permits. I know that getting blood flow to the area and some light loads on the bone will aid in healing. 
 

No comments: