Tuesday, May 31, 2022

7005 CX frame going to the midwest

This one has a level top tube and will be fitted with a steel fork that I will build next week. The formula is kind of retro but the frame and fork will have flat mount disc brakes so it will have up to date stopping power. 
The frame weighs 3 lb. 10 oz. and has my old-style machined head tube that is relieved on the inside and outside. It is an additional step that I no longer have to do when I use the tapered integrated style head tubes so I got to re-live a machine operation I used to do on every frame up until about 5 years ago.

 This one is the last in a batch of 14 aluminum frames. Not many of them made it to the blog but later I'll put up a photo of all of them together before they get sent out for heat treatment. It's an impressive pile of frames.

No comments: