Wednesday, May 4, 2022

1963 Raleigh Gran Sport for sale

I'm thinning the collection and this bike is something I have had for at least 20 years. I didn't really get it rolling until last week as I wanted to take it and some other stuff to the Eroica California to sell at the swap. Well, the bike didn't sell so now I will put it up here and on my Facebook page. I bought this all those years ago because I knew someone who had one and it was a really great riding bike. This one is all original except for the wheels which have been upgraded to something really nice.
Here are the numbers: Seat tube 580 c/t/c. Top tube 560 c/t/c. 170 cranks. 10 cm stem. 447 chain stay !
Equipment : Campagnolo Gran Sport der's and shifters. Campagnolo record hubs. GB Courier brakes and levers. GB Maes bars- these are really cool. 
Theres a light mount on the fork and yes, I have the original lantern. If you are looking for a smooth riding old classic that is not a racing bike but more like a rando-tour bike, here it is. There's even a license from 1964 on the back of the seat tube. I didn't do the full restoration to it as I wanted it to retain the original look. I'm asking $ 450. 



 

No comments: