Saturday, December 18, 2021

Steel rod frame, fork and stem

I'm running out of year to post so here's one going out the door next week. This one has my very last True Temper S-3 down tube......yes, this really is the last one of its type. I do have lots of areo S-3 down tubes but they don't really work well for installing bottle mounts- or at least I have yet to find a good way to remedy that. The other tubes are a mix of Columbus Life and Spirit. The frame is around 3 lbs. 8 oz. The fork is pretty light as well, having the lighter steerer that Reynolds offers. 
On the front is the Jen Green head badge that graces many frames that I build . I think I have ordered more of these this year of 2021 than in any previous year. 
And yes- this is all cable shift and rim brake- not the most modern but the timeless road bike in all its simplicity. I ride a bike very similar to this and have no issues with how it rolls......the only think holding my bike back is the rider. 
 

No comments: