Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Steel gravel frame for bay area

In 2020 I built a road bike for the Enve builder roundup- a virtual show at the Enve headquarters in Ogden, Utah that featured a number of small builder operations like mine. The frame you see above is very much a replica of the show frame, at least in the color choices of dark rootbeer metallic paint and gold accents. This frame is not a road frame but is a gravel frame for 700x42 tires. The fork is the Enve G-series and the headset is a gold anodized White Industries from Petaluma, Calif. I was really lucky to get the headset as getting any components these days requires advance planning and a bit of luck as well. I'm glad that this one came together without much delay. I can't say that other frames are getting done as quickly. At this time I probably have about 6-7 frames on the rack and maybe 8-10 in paint and many of these won't ship because of missing parts of one kind or another. People might say " Well, its money in the bank."  But it is not money in my bank- as a matter of fact it is money out of my bank to pay for the materials ,paint and overhead while I wait to send out the frames and then get paid. I'm sure that it is money in someone's bank........that's what you sign up for when you work for yourself. -no regrets....


 

No comments: