Saturday, November 21, 2020

Unusual bike for sale

If you are looking for a very versatile bike and you are around 5'7"-5'8" here's something to consider. I rarely have complete bikes for sale but this fall I have a few. One is already gone so here's the next one. It has some really esoteric components. The wheels are 29x2.5......really big tires for a townie. This is more than a townie, though as it could be nice on the dirt as well. The drive train is a Rohloff 14 spd. internal geared hub-super fancy and reliable German craftsmanship. Because the frame has the Paragon Poly-drops the bike could be set up belt drive as well. The front hub is a Son generator hub, one of the best.
The brakeset is the Magura MT-8. The bike has Ergon saddle and grips and a Race Face crankset. The chain is tensioned with a Squid EBB-the bike could also be set up single speed with this feature.
The front axle is 15 mm thru-axle so a variety of disc hubs could be used in place of the generator hub. There's lots of ways one could set up this bike-almost endless variants. The paint is a two-color scheme with some unique decal placement and some small white bands to separate the two colors.
Why do I have this bike for sale ? The customer decided on another type of bike after moving from one state to another so I built him the other frame. This is basically an extra and I do need the room in the shop. The top tube effective is 570. The seat tube c/t/c is 460. The bars are 720 wide. I rode it and I'm 5'9" so it did feel a bit small. The shifting is very precise and the brakes are hydraulic, powerful as one would expect. I did list this on my facebook page for more than I am listing it for here, so if you read this blog, you'll be seeing a much lower price. The bike does not come with pedals but there is a set of fenders that would fit with smaller tires-these are included with the bike. Price is $ 3,900.00 - very low when you consider what all of this stuff normally costs. You can email me at paul@rocklobstercycles.com if you are interested.


 

No comments: