Friday, March 22, 2019

First ride on the 40th anniversary MTB

This was the bike I built to replace my 29er that was toast after 8 years of hard riding. This bike should last a lot longer as it is steel and not built as a light cross-country racer. If only the trails were dry enough to really check it out. I'll have to wait another week or two to get over the post NAHBS cold and to let the trails drain a bit. What I can say is that the Whiskey carbon wheels are very quick feeling in spite of the big 2.6 Terravail tires. Both of these components along with the bar and stem were provided for the show- thanks to Whiskey and Fox racing ( who provided the F-34 120 MM fork) for helping me make this bike possible. Now I have to take the next how many years and figure out what I can do on it- from what I can tell, the rocky trails I have avoided in the recent past will now see me happily riding on them- these tires pretty much roll over everything.

1 comment:

XCrFan2020 said...

Paul, That is a well-thought out ride, Sir. I greatly value functionality. I need to replace an aged Fisher Paragon alu frameset (2010 29'er) and a Kuota Kross that has way too much toe overlap for me. Have a stellar early Spring.