Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Low standover Carter 650 frame in steel

This is maybe the second 650 boost frame I have made with the reverse-curve top tube for more standover. This 5'4" rider has very short legs so I hope that he will feel comfortable and safe on this one. I have to thank fellow builder Steve Garro for the tube and for all the others I have used over the years on low-standover frames .
Another trick to get the frame low is to use an integrated head tube to reduce the stack. This head tube is from Paragon machine works.
The frame will take 650x2.6 " tires , the same that are on my own version of the bike and all the others I have made since I started with this model in 2019. I hope that the rider enjoys riding something a bit larger than his previous 26" wheels.
 

No comments: