Thursday, January 26, 2023

Gravel-all road bike going to So-Cal......or Iowa.

This customer lives in So-Cal most of the time but is currently in Iowa with family taking care of a parent who just had knee replacement surgery- double, I think. Either locale will be fine for a bike like this- the open rolling plains of Iowa or the Angeles Crest fire roads of the San Gabriel mountains- this frame should be fine for either. It also is leaning more toward road geometry as this one will spend most of its time on pavement.
I did road style down tube cable routing to keep everything off of the top tube and clean looking.
This frame will be sporting the team seafoam green with original style black and yellow decals.
 

1 comment:

Fritz said...

Hi Paul,
This is the guy with the new knees. The kid constantly talks about your skill and friendship. What a deal to work with that thin steel. I love to weld and fab. So blessed to farm here and I almost hope for a breakdown?! So I can fix it. I drove my Honda 160 from Oakland to Newport and broke a cable at Santa Cruz. Met the owner of the Honda store on a Sunday morning. Too bad we didn't meet back in 1970! Haha.