Sunday, March 27, 2022

Steel rim brake 650 gravel frame and fork going to Kansas

Here's another level top tube frame with steel fork but this time its a 650. This one is built for long reach TRP brake calipers and should take a 650x45 tire. The geometry is similar to the 40th anniversary touring frame I built for the last NAHBS in Sacramento. 
Since there's no big hills where this bike will be ridden there wouldn't be much to gain from having diac brakes. Also, the customer has wheels and parts to build up the bike already so this way he does not have to shell out a bunch of cash to build his new gravel bike. With room for 45 tires, this bike should handle the long gravel stretches in Eastern Kansas well but still be pretty quick on the pavement. 
There's a lot of nods to tradition with the level top tube, crowned fork and road cable routing. I think I have a lot of the same parts in my spares so you never know- I might build something like this up as well- first I have to sell a few bikes to make room !
 

No comments: