Friday, July 16, 2021

Enve Grodeo show bike comes home

Most bikes that I build for shows are sold right after the event. I thought about selling this one but decided that since I was thinking of racing another season I might as well have a modern bike for it. Riding this bike has made me realize that new bikes with high-end parts are friggin' fast. 
Riding a familiar route on this bike at a pretty hard tempo was enlightening. I came within a second of my best ever elapsed times on some segments without going at race pace. This bike with the new Enve G-23 wheels is very easy to pedal along. 
Maybe I'll be a bit more competitive this next season- not because the bike is faster but because I'll want to try to make it faster with some real training . I'm not 100% sold on the super wide bars for racing- but I'll try them on the trails for the next couple of months. This bike is the newer version of the 7005 CX race bike that I started building in 2019- the 'World Cup'.  I won't be near any world cup but I'll at least be riding a bike that was designed for it. I'll just have to try not to come in last in the local series races.
 

No comments: