Tuesday, June 22, 2021

7005 aluminum 29er frame for bay area rider.

at just a hair over 3 1/2 lbs. this is definitely a cross country style frame but with fairly modern front end geometry- 68 degrees wedded to a 120 mm Fox 34 fork with 44 mm rake. This should corner really well- I rode one like this for about 8 years but mine didn't have the tire room that this one has- I was not able to get the chainstays that I can get now. The tubes are Easton Elite top tube, seat tube and seat stays. The down tube is from Nova cycles and the chain stays are Dedacciai. All the stuff is pretty light except the chain stays which are beefy to keep the ride feeling solid.
This one is set up for a 31.6 dropper post and a post mount rear caliper once the adaptor is in place. 
I miss my old 29er but I think that if I build one for myself I'll have to wait quite a while -I'm way too busy to add to my fleet, even though a single speed 29er sounds good to me right about now.

 

2 comments:

grant said...

Wow, this looks beautiful! Maybe this frame is for me? How exciting!

psynide said...

Looks gorgeous! Love from India. Remember seeing your work in old 90s magazines.