Saturday, February 8, 2020

Gravel frame in steel with a retro style

 I found a source for my favorite tig filler rod and started using it again. It has been a few years since I have been able to get Harris 'super missle weld' and I have been using some pretty good stuff in its place. That said, the best stuff does make a difference to me- I really like how this rod flows out and I think a keen eye can see the difference, even if it won't be visible after the paint is applied.
 This frame has the wishbone seat stay like the MTB frames I have built over the years. The tubing diameter is a little smaller than the current style and the top tube is nearly level- this all contributes to the retro look of the frame. The rider was very specific about what he wanted and I hope that I built what he was after. It is probably the cleanest frame I have built so far in 2020.



No comments: