Monday, July 23, 2018

Shop move

yes, folks- this week and next will see the big move out of the old shop of 22 years. Now , just a block away I'll be in a much newer building and presumably  have a freshly re-organized and de-cluttered workspace. I have given away a lot of stuff and have recycled much old metal. I was really hoping to finish my career in the old shop but this move really had to happen if I wanted my customers to still have access to my shop. I'll have a more efficient work area and maybe even a display of small goods for sale- tee shirts, socks, bottles, stickers......never too late to improve the retail aspect- at least I hope that it isn't too late ! I'm sharing this spot with a really top-end wood worker-I'm taking the back part of the space while he will have the front section. A partial wall will separate the businesses. I'm planning on putting some bikes on the wall to give the place some flavor. The old shop really had a vibe to it from all the old fading posters, race numbers and dust of the last quarter century. The new shop will have little of that......its time for something new.

No comments: