Thursday, October 20, 2011

Bontrager restoration

One of my customers dragged this frame out of his garage and asked me to build a for for it, get it repainted and build it up with all new parts. It is around 18 years old and is a Bontrager OR mountian frame. I built the fork from Tange blades from the period and put a Shimano SLX group on the frame with a stem and handlebar that I had laying around. I'll swap out the bars for something with more rise. The customer provided the decals......don't ask me for them-I have none.

5 comments:

sobonty said...

Lovely!

Still my favourite bikes ever...

jim g said...

Curious, what would you charge for a fork like that? Thinking of a rigid for my Race Lite!

swiggco world said...

The fork pictured is a Mag-21 length unicrown with NOS tange blades. They cost $ 250 includng paint color of your choice. The baldes are from 1992=1994 era.

Anonymous said...

Paul,

Wonderfully done! I wish I didn't sell off all my old Bontrager's... the Race was a great bike.

I may be hitting you up for one of these forks too.

Re: aluminum, contact Charles Parish.

Joel Brandt said...

Wow, that's a looooooong seatpost.