Saturday, November 11, 2023

Gentleman's touring bike

This bike was a long time in the making but the customer was in no hurry ans the details show a lot of thought. The customer is a former bike shop employee and an old friend. He actually made his own fenders-he even made some for me that I will showcase on another post later.
The build is an interesting one- Sram 11 spd. levers adapted to 12 speed.....I guess there's stuff available to do that- I had no idea. All the rivits and bolts along with the spoke nipples have been color co-ordinated..it is really something to behold in person. If I ever exhibit at a bike show again this would be one to bring.
The frame is aluminum- many of you might think that it isn't the right material for a touring bike but in most cases the tires really determine the ride more than the frame material. With big tires such as the ones seen here I'm sure the ride can be plenty smooth for long distance.
Of course , the bike would not be complete without a Jen Green headbadge.....in copper, of course.

 

No comments: