Thursday, September 6, 2012

Two more team frames

 In the last three days I was able to squeeze out two more 7005 aluminum team cyclocross frames. I have been working really hard as I have unfortunately fallen behind schedule....don't laugh-I know it is pretty much how it goes for most frame builders but I don't like having to play catch-up.
 Lucky for me, these racing frames are relatively simple-at least compared to steel touring frames with all the braze-on bits. Having a few hundred of these under my belt helps as well and the new welder is taking me to a new level of weld aesthetics......if I can call it that. The stuff just looks better.
 This first frame is for a new team rider. The one below is for a real veteran of the team. He's also the district single speed CX champion so now I have to make a single speed to the same specs as what you see here. Seeing as how this rider worked his way from the back of the field to 7th place at the nationals in January, it would be good for him to have his own single speed instead of borrowing mine.
 Both of these frames share the same tubeset and are very close in size, differing only in top tube and head tube length. Frames like this are usually 3 1/2 lbs. Not bad for something that will be savagely beaten for a couple of seasons or more.


No comments: