Thursday, June 6, 2013

More photos of the lugged frame in process

 I used my nicest hardware on this one. I'm nearly done but I was short a couple of braze-ons for the gear cables. I had to order them and it will delay completion of the frame until Monday.
 I bronze brazed the seat lug and seat stays. I always do this as I want everything to hold together for many many years. It is a challenge to braze this cleanly , especially for a guy who has not built a lugged frame for a few years.
I'm pretty sure that this is the most refined frame of its kind that I have built. It is simple and clean but there was a ton of filing on the lugs prior to brazing . I really am enjoying the process of putting this one together.

3 comments:

harmless neighborhood eccentric said...

super nice! and about my size....

Nick said...

Really enjoying watching the progress on this one Paul! It's coming together well.

jch said...

sorry harmless, this ones taken. i've been waiting a while for this bike you'd have a scuffle on your hands if you try and take it. ;-)