Saturday, May 22, 2010

Tourer/randonneur frame with a British look.

The color combination and panels of the paint are definitely a nod to the style of bikes from Britain in the '60's and '70's. The paint colors are not unlike a series of four randonneur frames I built in 1995, two of which wound up in Paris Brest Paris-one being my own bike which I still have hanging in my shop. I'm not sure that this particular customer got inspired by my bike but the similarity is unmistakeable. Putting some curves in the stays helps to make for a more distinctive look than most of my welded bikes.



I had to shoot a detail of this part of the frame because I fell that it has a nice 'flow' to the lines. I don't always get so lucky......I have an artistic background but the way this particular frame came together has more to do with how things were flowing in the shop that particular week. I hope it rides as nice as I feel it looks !





1 comment:

mosca said...

Nice paint job!