Monday, September 30, 2024

Steel MTB frame for Austin, Tx. with UDH

What is a UDH ? I'm not 100% sure- it is something that SRAM is pushing so I get the feeling that they (SRAM) are wanting to creat something that separates them from the other component manufacturers - read: Shimano. Not much else out there to separate from these days. 
This s the second UDH frame I have built. At this time I can only offer this feature in steel. If a aluminum version materializes then all the folks that are asking for it (And there are a few ) will get what they want. 
What does the UDH do ? You'll have to ask Sram. To me it does not look much different than other hangers except that it has a more complicated way of attachment. Still, it looks pretty robust and people are clamoring for it so I will offer it. It might be maddening trying to keep up with all the new standards and gadgets in the bike frame building world but at least this one was not that complicated- only thing that threw me is that the thru-axle threads are not what I normally use.....it was the threading I used 10 years ago but most of the industry abandoned it. Well, now it is back- 1mm threaded thru-axles. I still have a few in stock that I never thought I would be rid of..........
 

No comments: