Friday, September 27, 2024

Road SL disc for western Nebraska

Yes- the SL is now available in a disc brake version.....only took a few years but I finally got the tube selection where I feel good about the long term durability while keeping the weight down to 3 lbs. 1 oz , at least in this case. This one is built for mechanical shifting but there will be a version that is wireless with internally routed brakes , just like the pro-tour bikes. I know people will ask for it so I want to be prepared to give the people what they want-I can't single handedly hold back the industry trends and in spite of my age I feel that offering the newer stuff is a good thing- it will show that even a small builder can be pretty darn close to the cutting edge of all the new gadgets-some of them are actually good-some of them will go the way of the Do Do if they are not- it won't be my decision, it will be all of you out there showing the bike business that good innovation is welcome , but stupid stuff is not. I welcome your input.


 

No comments: