Friday, October 6, 2023

Steel rim brake CX frame for local

I think 2023 might turn out to be the year of the rim brake revival. Seems like I have built maybe 10 rim brake frames so far this year - a very high count after several years of hardly any rim brake editions. 
This one is 4 lbs. even- not bad for a steel frame in this size. The tubing is nearly all Columbus Zona. The frame will be paired with a Whiskey #7 straight steerer cantilever brake CX fork. Lucky for the rider, we have one of them in stock. This was my very last pair of Salsa dropouts- I hope to score some from a local bike shop soon but I'm not 100% sure they will part with them. I used to order them from Taiwan in large quantities but the demand evaporated so I have not made an order in a decade. Who knows- if the trend continues I might have to stock up.

 

No comments: