Sunday, October 1, 2023

7005 29er

This is the second one of these that I have built- a cross country 29er with some shaped tubes. The frame is only 3 lb. 13 oz. so the bike should build up very light. This one is not made for big tires as I will most likely be riding it- yes, this one is mine as I think that I might be ready to ditch the 2.6x650 tires for awhile and go with something a bit more nimble and suited to the riding I will do post-broken leg.
The wedge gussett is a feaure borrowed from the WCCX model- I did it as the frame is not really tall and putting a traditional seat stay brace would have made the frame look more like a mass produced item. I wanted it to retain the look of something that came out of my shop . This one is also lacking the wishbone seat stay- I didn't put one on as I only have one of the machined yokes left and was saving it for a paying customer. Yes, I economize on my own frames much of the time- no boutique stuff for me- just the leftover scraps. That said, I think this will build into a really fun bike......whenever that happens- I still can't ride yet. 

 

No comments: