Tuesday, March 28, 2023

7005 29er cross country frame going to Indiana

If you might have wondered what if anything I was going to do to modernize my hard tail aluminum frames , you are looking at it. This is the most up to date aluminum race MTB frame yet from me- the main difference being the shaped tubes. This frame is built for a 120 mm fork and up to 2.4" tires and has boost spacing. I think I want a single speed built like this-I sold the last single speed-the Chris King 'guest house' bike and I kind of miss the whole single speed way.
This one of course is not a single speed but the frame contours are exactly what I would want for myself. The frame is only 4 lb.2 oz. The same frame in steel would be nearly 6 lbs. and not be as stiff. I think it will be a pretty fast bike once it is all together.

 

No comments: