Monday, March 27, 2023

Steel Tracklocross frame and fork for a team member

As of now I have made two of these. It really is different to build a frame for thru-axles but without brakes. This frame and fork are a dedicated Tracklocross rig- not meant for anything else....a highly specific ride.
Tange makes some very stout road blades that are intended for disc brake use. I used them here to give a bit of a classic look but to also help make the front end of the frame robust.
I have not looked at other tracklocross frames-I'm sure there are others out there but I decided to just build something that had the components of a good CX frame with a bit of track specs in terms of BB height. So far I think the first bike has been performing really well. Since this second one is identical it should be as good. Time will tell if there's any further tweaks needed- there's always something that can be improved.
 

No comments: