Wednesday, August 10, 2011

UBI class continued

Here's the frame I'm building to demo the process for the class. It's a 29er for about a six foot rider.
The days lessons are often spelled out on this dry-erase board. It's funny how students are often so consumed with their frames that they forget to look at the board when they need to know the next step. There's a lot of information to take in when you only have two weeks to build your first frame. I warn the students on the first day that staying focused and not obsessing over really small details is the best course but during the process those ideas can get lost. Eventally , everyone finishes their frame and the world keeps turning !

2 comments:

steve garro said...

nice frame, Paul!

eightrack said...

That is awesome! I have to admit the two weeks out there with Paul teaching the class changed my life and gave me a new understanding about bicycles. I learned a TON and still feel like I have only scratched the surface of bicycles and frame building. So glad there are people out there willing to dedicate the time and effort to share their knowledge. Keep it up!