Friday, June 22, 2018

Start of the July aluminum batch.

 This might be the last batch I build before I move the shop- that's right, folks....I'm moving for the first time in 22 years. I didn't want to move but things at my present location have changed significantly . The landlady of the last half-century has passed on and her kids ( not really kids- some of them are over 70 ) don't seem to know what to do with the building. They are implementing changes that will result in barring the public from the building complex- I need to be available to customers and the general public so I really have to go.
 I have found a place nearby and hope to sign the lease next week. In the mean time I have to keep building CX frames such as this aluminum flat-mount disc brake race frame. I'll try to complete as many as I can before the move. I imagine that the move will shut down production for about two weeks. I hope that this does not significantly impact the work flow. The new shop has some real plusses .....I hope that I'll have a more efficient and cleaner workplace- at least for the first few months !

No comments: