Sunday, August 21, 2016

Tig class at UBI Ashland 2016

Well, another one is in the books. Five students have completed the class at  UBI that I have been teaching for the last nine summers. I really like the experience and try to present a rational and practical approach to building frames-maybe a bit of humor and history thrown in. The instructor I have been sharing this class with more years than not is Rich Bernoulli , someone who cares very much about the students and the legacy of the school. It is always a great time teaching with Rich-he's the best.
 This class was a bit smaller than most with a few cancellations but the mostly retired military bunch kept us working hard-they had very high expectations of themselves and really went full-bore on the challenges in the class. It is not an easy thing to learn in two weeks but these folks pulled it off.
 I want to thank my hosts, the De Salvo family, the UBI staff and Ron Sutphin the boss and of course the students for making my experience at UBI good as it has always been. I don't leave my shop to work elsewhere hardly ever except for two weeks in mid summer to teach at UBI. I am honored to do so.







No comments: