Thursday, April 4, 2013

Di-2 disc brake 'cross frame almost ready for buildup

There's a lot to consider when building a frame for electric shifting......more than I bargained for. I still have some minor mods to do before this beast is rolling. I found out that bottle cage placement needs to be higher for battery room. Fortunately, there's a nice adaptor to accomplish that. The other mods are simply to drill one more hole and enlarge the access hole in the B.B.  ......I have a way to do that with little or no drama. 
 This may be a work in progress but very soon it will be blasting through the singletrack in the Santa Cruz mountains and  other spots in the bay area.

1 comment:

jazzwalk said...

Hi, Paul; great to talk and catch up some yesterday. Too bad we didn't hook up earlier; there was something in the iCD manual booklet I wrote concerning the water bottle placement, relative to the honkin' Di-2 battery. Sorry 'bout that. Re: another subject, I have a 24"/61 cm c2c Raleigh "Grand Sports" double-butted 531 sport touring frameset, circa 1973 I think, in very decent shape. Would you be at all interested, or know anyone that might? You can find me in LinkedIn, or just give me a call @ 831.239.eightzerothreeone.

Cheers,
Daniel Green (nee "flaming phoenix" :-)