Saturday, November 24, 2012

1973 Motobecane team champion

 I got this at a charity auction years ago because I always wanted one. These were really fine bikes back in the day. This one is much too big for me so it is going to a good friend of mine. The bike has been hanging in my shop for a number of years.....I don't remember which number.

 Not the black anodized Campagnolo record seatpost that has been modified to accept the larger aluminum rails of this Ideale cutaway saddle.
The ends of the stays are finished off much nicer than other French pro production bikes of the day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Paul, I've fallen hopelessly in love with this bike. It's getting the full treatment: I've been busy stripping components, removing the faded black anodize and rust, cleaning and polishing. I think she's in for a full repaint and restoration of all components to original spec!

Unknown said...

Paul, I've fallen hopelessly in love with this bike. It's getting the full treatment: I've been busy stripping components, removing the faded black anodize and rust, cleaning and polishing. I think she's in for a full repaint and restoration of all components to original spec!