Monday, January 16, 2012

Columbus spirit/life road frame

It was late in the day and getting dark when I took these photos so they reflect that. I built this frame with a mix of Columbus spirit and life tubes at the request of the customer. I like the quality of the metal and the distinctive shape of the chainstays. I did cheat and use a NOS Tange presitge " Concept" seat tube to really stabilize the BB. I think the power transfer on this 3 lb. 9 oz. steel frame will be very good.

Usually I bend my seatstays myself. These came pre-bent, a bit more money but a time saver so it was a wash expense wise. The narrow profile is pretty cool , perfect for a road frame.

2 comments:

steve garro said...

is that from the "great prestige stash?"
Only a very few tubes left here,< eight, tops.

swiggco world said...

Nova still has these Tange 50 cm seat tubes for about $ 24 ! It's great until they run out.