Monday, May 2, 2011

The gift of steel


This frame is a gift though not from me. I am pretty generous most of the time but I do have to put food on the table. This road frame will be used for centuries and other long road rides. It seems that the rider who will be the owner of this frame has really been captivated by spending all day on the bike. I just rode for nearly seven hours yesterday so you won't hear a dissenting voice from me. The frame is designed to eat up the road shock with a generous wheelbase and a slacker head angle. It should rool the flats and rip the downhills. It is pretty light so I imagine it will be o.k. on the climbs as well. Maybe this rider will get the randonneur sickness that I got about 1992-2003. The only cure is to ride it out of your system , 100's of k.m's at a time. I still have my medals and P.B.P. parephanalia from 1995. I don't regret any of it at all.

No comments: