Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Really large S-3 road frame


True Temper S-3 is about the thinnest wall steel I can buy and it takes a lot of care to weld it. This frame is for a 6'5" rider and it weighs a scant 3 lbs. 13 oz. , a weight you would expect of an aluminum frame, not a steel frame of this size. I didn't use the S-3 seat tube, head tube or chainstays as I feel they would not be rigid enough. Even tough I didn't use the whole set, the frame still came out lighter than I would have expected. I used a sleeve at the top of the 1 1/4" diameter OX seat tube so that a 27.2 seatpost could fit.
I used and OX head tube with a 1.2 MM wall , thinner than I normally use so I put on these old-style re-enforcements at both ends....kind of like an early '90's Ibis frame.

5 comments:

Asiya said...

Cool blog
http://todays-trends.blogspot.com/2010/11/one-for-all-fans-of-angry-birds.html

alex said...

cool

Reet SEO said...

hiiiiiiiiiiiiii visit us : linkbuildxperts.blogspot.com promote ur blog!

funbomb said...

one more nice blog
Celebrity Photos and Wallpapers

work and travel said...

its so thin , back of it, looks cool if u put dark blue color on it :)

www.optimawat.com