Friday, August 8, 2008

More pictures form Ashland


Here is a view through the trees on a smoky afternoon. I was up at about 5,000 ft. on the Lithia Loop fire road, kind of lost looking for singletrack. I did find some but double-flatted on the long fire road decent and wound up riding a rear flat for about seven miles. Good elevation and frustration training for the upcoming single speed worlds.....
Most of the road rides were at twilight as the mid day was consumed with teaching the framebuilding class. Riding late had its advantages as the mid-day heat reached 95 degrees almost every day. Even at 6 pm I didn't see anyone breaking out a vest or even a long sleeve jersey.
The Horn Gap trail.......after about eight grunting miles of climbing. I didn't see anyone on this road and I turned around not long after this as they were reporting black bears and cougars in the woods here. I don't think it would be good for me to get eaten before completing my teaching duties at UBI.

No comments: