Tuesday, August 6, 2024

The re-issue of my second brand

This frame set is for an old customer. This is supposedly the last custom frame he will get from me. This person has a number of 'last frames' in his collection. This one harkens back to when I was a hobbyist buiding frames in my garage for friends and family only and had no aspirations of being a professional.Below is the 4th frame I built back in 1979-this customer wanted his frame painted to look the same so I had it done, right down to the hand painted logos ( I did these myself for the first time in over 40 years ) and the result is pretty faithful to the original, even though the frames are different.
This new one is a 'path racer' , or a fixed gear bike that will have road geometry and front and rear brakes. This customer is a very dedicated single speed rider so this is likely a bike he will ride quite a bit.

 

No comments: