Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Let's party like it's 1982

I set out to build a frame between X-mas and new years and do it in the style that I used in the early days of my frame building career. Here is the result . All of the materials came from the inventory left over by Hugh Enochs, a bay area bike frame builder, restorer and business owner. He came down with Parkinson's and could no longer work so all of his old stuff went up for sale. Most of these materials have been in storage since the '70's and 80's.
The head lugs are from Henry James, another company that is gone. 
The fork crown is an Everest copy of a Cinelli MC, or at least that's what I think it is-it could be something else that pre-dates the Everest company.
I'll put up photos of it painted.  I won't decal this one as a Rock Lobster - I'll hand paint on the same logo I used from 1982-1984 for the handful of lugged road frames I built back then. Don't worry, I will still be making Rock Lobster frames- this is just a side project. I have no idea how many of these I will make but I think it will be a small number.


 

No comments: