Monday, September 20, 2021

7005 mass-start track frame going to Pa.

This solid frame for the velodrome is made from some NOS Easton US made tubes mixed in with my usual set. The customer requested the rectangular chain stays with the Ahrens design yoke. This will be the third frame I have built with this configuration so far.
The mass start design is not as short and upright as a pure sprint frame but it is stiffer than a pursuit frame. The slightly longer wheelbase is helpful to keep the wheels on the ground during hard efforts. The 44 mm head tube will accept a tapered steerer fork when one is available but for now the frame will have a steel fork that I will be building soon.
Here's a detail of the chainstay yoke. If you want one of these I'm afraid you might have a very long wait....I think I got the last one that will be made until there is enough demand for them. 

 

1 comment:

james smith said...

Interesting stuff to read. Keep it up.royal enfield black